Thursday, October 27, 2011

Outdoor Tea Party with Homer Laughlin Western China



Would you like to join us for a picnic tea party today? Come on you can put off those other things you need to do. Come enjoy one of the last days of beautiful weather! Today has a high of 81 but tomorrow's forecast is a high of 52! I will grab the picnic basket and let's go!
How about I pour  you a cup of fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade (with lots of sugar)? Don't worry this cup will be calorie free for you!

 
Next, would you like some gluten free chocolate  chip cookies that really do taste yummy? These are delish and visit my friend at MamaMeGlutenFree for the recipe.

The china is by Homer Laughlin. It is usually called either "cowboy" or "western". The interesting thing is there was at least two variations made. I know there was a western "rhythm" pattern which had no silver detailing and then there was a "nautilus" pattern which had silver details. These dishes were made in the 1950's and there are several pieces to the set. I am just using a couple here today.

This is the bottom of the sugar bowl. Cute cowboy chasing a steer!
Did I mention we will have company for our tea party? Kiley takes a moment to strike a pose. She picked her tea party outfit herself.

How about sliced apples for something healthy?

Oh, you like the flowers? Why thank you. They are from my garden. Mom bought me several "Rose Glow" hybrid tea rose bushes this spring. Now they are truly lovely. The pink ones are antique.

Yes, the fresh squeezed lemonade is really that good! Oh, and the frozen whole strawberries do make good ice cubes! Better hurry and get another glass before it is all gone!



Did I mention we have another guest? This is Klacey my one year old. Oh and I am not one of those mothers who doesn't allow the kids to play with the real china, silver and crystal. This is memories in the making.

My mom's stance was always if you don't use it then it won't mean anything to them. Of course we want our girls to know the value and joy of good china, silver and crystal! LOL

This is Murphy who is wishing for some tidbits. She looks underfed doesn't she? Um, yeah that is ribbon on her collar compliments of Kiley.

I did mention the cookies are tasty right?

And the lemonade too!

Now the flowers take a hit... oh well, all in the name of memories!

It is a good day.

We are happy campers.

Well, most of us are....

Thanks for visiting! ~Kelsey

Linking to the following wonderful parties! Click on the photo to go there.

14 comments:

  1. Your children are adorable! I especially love the last two photographs. I have never seen this china, but I have a brother and 2 nieces who live in Oklahoma, and they would all love it. Your roses are beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cowboy theme! Your children are so cute! What wonderful memories you are making with them. Treasure these times, they grow so fast!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute al fresco table! Your adorable children seem to really be enjoying their tea...love that you are training your little guy the finer things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower and absolutely love the dinnerware...I am a Texas girl as well and have a deep love of all things western...think its in my bones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm a new follower. I live near Alpine. In fact we go to church at BBCC, when we can get things wrapped up in time for Sunday morn. Glad to find a blogger close to home. :)

    Love the dinnerware! How fun to let the kids play with it, such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank y'all so much. It was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice day! I'm of a like mind as your Mom. We use all our antiques daily. Every year when we gather around our 5th generation dining table I feel like a little old man is up in heaven doing a jig because we are making good use of his handiwork. Our daughter has already put 'dibs' on it when she has her own place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post, Kelsey. Your girls are just beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tea party Kelsey! Your girls are adorable and how blessed they are to be making these memories with you...and how blessed you are to be able to create them. I agree with you on the good china...I *use* mine! Lovely dinnerware too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet photos - thanks for sharing your memory-making with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelsey, I love your China pattern. My grandparents had this set of dishes, there are only a few pieces left and I've been searching desperately to replace some of them. Any suggestions??
    jkwilliamson1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog and post. looks like a fun day! I am a country girl too and live in Colorado. You could come check out my blog @cavinravin.blogspot.com. You could follow me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what's cuter your babies or the china (okay, definitely your babies). So glad I found your blog!

    Pacific Prep

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!